The Forecasting primarily helps users understand how ranking higher for the set of keywords monitored with AWR could impact a business's performance in terms of conversions and revenue.
But it can be also useful for users wanting to:
- set realistic goals when performing SEO campaigns.
- track the month-by-month progress of the desired goals vs. actual achievements.
- visualize the year-over-year search volume of keywords.
- check the organic traffic coming from the non-branded queries.
- see how the inertial traffic is affected by search seasonality or if no SEO attempts are made.
The Forecast represents an
estimationwhich is based on the
search volume, and
CTRrecorded by the
non-brand keywordsyou added for monitoring in AWR.
In short, it foretells how many
revenuecould be obtained if a particular ranking target is reached.
For detailed information on how to create a Forecast, the algorithm works, and what each of the outputted metrics represents please check this article here.